Saturday, April 10, 2010

Real Life Stop-Motion Video


I recently came upon this incredibly interesting example of stop-motion being used on real people. This video has over eleven million views and has been up for more than a year, so I'm not sure why I haven't seen it before. Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but in any case, I thought it was an incredible piece of work.



The song is "Her Morning Elegance" by Oren Lavie. The video itself was shot by Eyal Landesman, an Israeli photographer based out of his studio in Tel Aviv. According to Oren's MySpace blog, the video was comprised of 3,225 still images taken by a single overhead camera. The incredible pre-visualization took four weeks and basically consisted of a computer generated 3D animation that was used as the storyboard and it took two days to photograph the entire sequence frame by frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment