Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Taking Photos Without Looking

Check out this video of photo enthusiast Joe Wigfall talking about how he shoots street photography without bringing the camera to his eye! He brings up a lot of good points about some of the advantages to doings so.



I sometimes used a similar approach when I was in Afghanistan, and even today with some of the event coverage I do. I find that sometimes you HAVE to shoot this way if people are particularly aware of you and your presence changes the way they behave. Of course it's harder to do this indoors when it's darker and you need to open up your aperture, which makes your depth of field narrower and the focus much critical, and if you're shooting with a flash--well, good luck.

But try it out! Let me know if you get any interesting results!

No comments:

Post a Comment